Saturday, September 12, 2009

Be Well


Hi!!! What a week! I am pooped! But as usual, I needed the card therapy so here is the outcome! I made this for Tuesday's Midnight Madness sketch and for Thursday's Way to Use It challenge to use red. I used two of the versatile new sets from Our Daily Bread designs, Get Well Soon and Thinking of You. I actually put both stamps onto the acrylic block and stamped them as one stamp! I cut this out with a Spellbinders rectangle and sponged Real Red ink while still in the die. Added the Spellbinders Lattice pendant die cut things at the top and bottom of the image to stay with the sketch. I stamped the butterfly again in red and cut it out. I added Glossy Accents and fine glitter. Red gemstones on the flourishes and a pretty butterfly charm I found at Walmart and I am done! Hope ya'll have a wonderful Sunday! Thanks for coming by today!

Paper-Real Red, Basic Gray, Real Red dsp,White
Ink-Basic Gray, Real Red
Accessories-white brads, red gems, glitter, glossy accents, organdy ribbon, silver cord, sponge, Spellbinders

14 comments:

  1. Beautifully done Sandee! So striking with the red, white and gray! Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sandee...you never disappoint :) What a beautiful card. I love the red and white. Just fantastic!!! Thank you so much for playing this week’s sketch challenge. I know it was a bear, but you worked it out with flying colors.
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card! I love the red and white and the butterfly, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandee, You have such a way with colors and coordinating them so perfectly. I love the bold red and how smoothly you sponged and shaded. The flourish with gems is so beautiful! Another gorgeous card from you! Thank you for taking the time to play with us this week. I am so glad you did. Hope you will keep on playing. We love to visit you and see your creations.

    Carolyn MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandee, this is so lovely! I have the hardest time using red, but you make it look SO easy and on a bugger of a sketch to boot! Beautiful! :)
    Michelle MMDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Sandee!! I love the red and your use of the MM sketch!! Great use of those stamps girl. You rock!!
    I hope you are having a fantastic weekend!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, my favorite color...Red!! This is strikingly beautiful beyond a shadow of a doubt. I didn't get to play in the WT235 challenge this week as I couldn't get into any of the card galleries. But, I am back it today. I guess they must have fixed it finally. This is just gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us again this week. We sure do appreciate it.

    Carol
    MMSC-GDT-September

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandee this is GORGEOUS!!! Love your take on the sketch! I am more behind than you! I have this and another on my desk and have not had time to play with it yet, but my Grandkids were here today and that was so fun! One last day of summer on the lake! Glad you got some card therapy after a big week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous again, Sandee!

    Sue
    MMDT Member

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandee this is such a beautiful card. Another stunner! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at MMSC. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next week. I know it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandee, your sponging is exquisite!! What a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful Sandee! But then again; I have never seen anything BUT beautiful cards from you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cogratulations to you. I just saw that you won on Mid-night Madness. Your card is spectacular! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work! Again....Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails