Saturday, November 21, 2009

He is Christ the Lord!

Hi everyone! It's been a few days since my last post. So many things going on! But I HAD to take little time out to make this for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week to make a shadow box card! The challenge is based on this scripture:

1 Corinthians 13:12 (King James Version):
"For now we see through a glass, darkly;
but then face to face: now I know in part;
but then shall I know even as also I am known."


Isn't it wonderful to know that when we get to heaven, we'll be able to see Jesus face to face and everything will be clear! No more shadows!!!! I look forward to that so much!!!

Anyway, to make this card I followed this tutorial. I used Our Daily Bread designs set called Luke 2:11. The base card is Not Quite Navy. The ovals are cut with Spellbinders Ovals. I stamped the sentiment first and then the poinsettia three times on Sahara Sand cardstock. I colored the poinsettia with various blue copics and them sprayed them with Peach Glimmer Mist and cut them out to layer. The background is SEI foil paper and the edges are Prism Metallic Copper paper. I used Martha's lattice border punch and her twig punch. I used my new little Bow Easy for the bow, and sort of wound the tails around and attached in a couple of places with glue dots. Then I covered those glue dots with rhinestones to finish the card!

Thanks Stampin' Sisters in Christ for another beautiful challenge!
And thank you for visiting with me tonight!
I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!






7 comments:

  1. Love the rich colors, the curling tails of the ribbon and the design! Beautiful card Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sandee, I just gasped out loud when I opened your post. This card is beautiful! I'm so glad you took the time out of your busy week to participate in the SSCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS is just GORGEOUS Sandy!! Love the rich colors and your beautiful border punch and the verse!! It's so elegant and beautiful. Thank you SOOO MUCH for playing along with us each week. You are truly inspiring and I just LOVE seeing all your gorgeous creations. :) Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the rich colours of this card.
    The Poinsettia is gorgeous in that colour and I love the way you have curled the ribbon.
    That's a clever way you have framed the scripture with that lattice border.
    Hugs Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an awesome job on this Sandee!!! That dp is soooo gorgeous and rich! Love the lattice border you used and the poinsettias are always beautiful! Love your beautiful take on the shadow box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandee you are just amazing me again!! Your pointsettia is gorgeous! The ribbon is astounding and adds so much to the overall beauty.

    Thanks again for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandee this is so beautiful! I love every little detail.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails