Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Proverbs 31:30


Good morning!  I am so excited to show you this fun little project today!  Altering things around the house that I have saved for years is becoming one of my favorite things to do.  The frame on this particular plaque was originally a blue color and the design was cute but I wanted an updated look.  
I painted the frame using several colors of acrylic paint in creams and browns.  
Then I sprayed it with a brown Glimmer Mist color and sort of wiped it off a little.  

Then for the background, I embossed the designer paper with one of the new cuttlebug folders in the Preserves collection and sponged it with Tim Holtz ink.  I attached it to the plaque with Mod Podge.  
I then attached a piece of a doily, a piece of lace and a piece of velvet ribbon with glue.  
I sponged this a little bit too to dirty it up a bit!  
The little flower is actually several prima flowers glued together.  
My DT sister Patter showed us how to do this on her blog!  
Thanks Patter!

I chose to use the scripture that I submitted for the Scripture Collection 4 set!  When I read it, it reminds me to strighten up!!!  LOL!  Seriously, I love this scripture and was honored to have been able to have it made into a stamp!  Thank you for that Kelley!  I stamped it with Versamark and Memento Brown ink and clear embossed it.  I cut it out and layered it with Spellbinders circles and framed this with the Spellbinders Lotus Die!  I added the button and Zva pearls to finish it up!

And that's it!  I really appreciate y'all taking the time to visit with me today!  We invite you to join us for our monthly blog hop this coming Sunday the 1st.  You are gonna love the new sets coming out for August!


My Siggy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandee~

    I really love this art piece you shared today. It is so beautiful! I especially am fond of that Scripture. It makes me do a double check of the example I may be setting, also. His word is such a blessing, and when it speaks highly about women...I just feel extra blessed if possible. I am so glad that you have alterred the old frame to a beautiful piece framing this Scripture. Thank you especially for spelling out how you made this!

    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails