Sunday, April 17, 2011

Poppy Blessings


Hi there!!!  Hope everyone has had a great weekend!  I made this card for two challenges:

and

To make the background, I stamped one of the images from the ODBD Bird Border and Corners set in white on white Neenah card stock and then clear embossed.  Then I sponged the whole thing with Tim Holtz Antique Linen ink.  I stamped the poppy image from the Mother's Day set with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink, cut it out with the Poppy die and clear embossed the whole thing.  I used my Grand Calibur to cut out all of the Spellbinders dies.  The little tabs at the top are negatives from one of the Spellbinders Die cuts. 
Here are the supplies I used:

ODBD Poppy Die
Neenah Cream, Neenah White, Creamy Caramel and Blush Blossom card stocks
White ink and Tim Holtz inks
Clear embossing powder
Lace, ribbon and Bow Easy
Spellbinders Labels Eighteen and Labels Trio
Gold Button and Gold Brads

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy your week!

My Siggy

10 comments:

  1. It is beautiful Sandee! Wow, cannot believe you made this in one day, it would take me a week I think! Lovely job of tone on tone, thanks so much for coming alongside Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woww that is a stunning card Sandee! Looks so marvelous!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stunning!!! Both this and the violets from the other day are gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandee, girl, this is one breathtaking card!! I love, love, love everything about this BEAUTY!! Thanks so much for your continued support of the Shining the Light Challenge!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooo gorgeous Sandee!!! I just love your tone on tone effect and your SB layering is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Stunning Sandee!! I just love your sepia tones and your use of dies. So much elegance and texture. Thanks for your continued support of the Shining the light challenge. It really means a lot.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful warm tones and dimension, Sandee! Stunning1 Love the hardware touch for the poppies center, too1 Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my giddy aunt Sandee - I am in monochromatic heaven! This is divine and such a great take on this weeks challenge! I always love your details and added texture!! Thank you for joining us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - we appreciate your support and love to see your creations! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a very lovely card, Sandee! Very lacy, and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandee, I am so blessed to see the wonderful designs you have created. I had not considered monochromatic cards before but seeing yours with the lacy elegant details is strongly inspiring to me. Thank you,
    Pat Wafer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails