Thursday, August 4, 2011

Times of Refreshing....


Hi there!  Back again with another project!  
Recently, while visiting Pinterest, I found a photo of some fans that were made for wedding favors.  The original idea was from Martha Stewart and I knew I had to try this out for myself!  

I found the wooden handles at Hobby Lobby.  They were not too expensive, I think they were $2.99 for a bag of 24.  (I think I have a lot of fans to make! LOL).  First, I sanded the handle to smooth out any splinters and then I painted it with FolkArt Vintage White acrylic paint.  While waiting for that to dry, I gathered two matching sheets of Memory Box Spearmint designer paper and the cardboard backing.  I used Aleen's spray adhesive, following the directions on the can to use in a well ventilated area, and adhered the paper to both sides of the cardboard.  I cut this down just a little so no uneven edges would show.  I used a corner rounder punch on each corner and then used the same acrylic paint on the edges, both front and back.


Next, I stamped the image from the Porch set.  I cut the sentiment with a Spellbinders circle, a Spellbinders Scallop circle, and a Cheery Lynn Designs French Pastry Doily, all in one cut using my Spellbinders Grand Calibur.  I did run the circle and scallop circle back through to emboss the edges.  I used Beacon 3-in-1 glue to adhere the handle, and then I was ready to 'build' my fan.

 I added several rows of lace, vintage ric-rac, delicate ribbon and the white bead trim.  Then I added my sentiment doily and scripture circles.  The SU! flowers came next and then the pearls.  I tied some lace and ribbon on the handle and then glued the lace bow that I made with my Bow Easy onto the handle along with the white button.  The last touch was just a few spritzes of Glimmer Mist!  

Here is how the fan looks from the back.


I am entering this for the DT call at Cheery Lynn Designs!  Wish me luck!  

Thank you again for visiting with me today!  I always love spending a few moments with you!  
Have a wonderful day!


My Siggy

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, I love the vintage look and fell of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandee this is sooo pretty and was such a special blog project! I just wish more people stopped by to see it and tell you so! Great job!!!
    Have a great weekend!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails