Friday, August 1, 2014

Welcome to the ODBD August Release!


 Good morning!!!  
We are so happy you have joined us for the ODBD August Release Reveal!  
We love having you come back to visit every month!

So let's get right to it!  Here are the details of how you can be a winner:

Three winners will be randomly chosen from the comments left on the designers blogs to receive a $15 Gift Certificate to the ODBD Store, to be used toward the purchase of ODBD Stamps found in the "stamps column" of the website.  You have until August 2, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. EDT to leave your comments!  The Winners will be posted on the ODBD Blog on August 3rd, so be sure to check back there to see if you won!
Here is my first project:
I have used Anchor the Soul along with the Fishing Net Background stamp.  The net is stamped onto vellum and placed over three strips of card stock in varying shades of blue.  Then I made a frame with Spellbinders A2 dies.  I stamped the scene and cut it out with one of the circles in the ODBD Circle Ornament dies.  I stamped the scene again so I could cut out the sea gull to pop up just a tad.  The sentiment is stamped onto a banner from the ODBD Pennants dies.  I cut out the swag shape using a die from ODBD Cathedral Window and Borders set.  I cut out the little anchor to tuck into the swag and added the sequins and the bow to complete the card.  
Here is my second card:


This time I used the cute Flip Flop Fun set!  This was an easy scene to create!  I colored the flip flops with copics and used the new Flip Flop dies to cut them out.  I added more sequins to the beach and then to the flip flops with little rhinestones.  I added pennants from the ODBD Pennant Row dies, the bow from the ODBD Circle Ornament dies.  The sentiment is cut out with one of the tags from

*A little side note on the sequins:  I have a 96 year old great aunt.  Recently she gave lots of craft supplies to my mom who handed them over to me.  The sequins were in the stash!  How fun!  So I'm pretty sure they are vintage.  I haven't really shopped for sequins before, but have never seen the star shaped ones!  Cool!*

Here are the ODBD supplies I used today:

https://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/index.php/new-releases/2014-august.html

https://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/index.php/new-releases/2014-august.html

https://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/index.php/new-releases/2014-august.html



https://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/index.php/pennant-dies.htmlhttps://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/index.php/circle-ornament-dies.htmlhttps://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/index.php/cathedral-window-border-dies.html

https://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/index.php/csbd61-pennant-row-die.htmlhttps://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/index.php/recipe-tags-dies.htmlhttps://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/i/fishing_net_background.jpg

Be sure and check out all of the amazing inspiration from my fellow 'bread sticks'!  

Here are all the links:

Julie * Cathy * Paula * Grace * Chris * Lori * Dawn 
Sandee (me!)Lisa * Angie * Sabrina * Wanda 
 Audrey * Silke
If you get lost here is the link to the ODBD Blog Post for today!  Enjoy!


My Siggy

30 comments:

  1. Love them both, Sandee!!! I love how you used the three different blues behind the vellum and the little anchor is such a perfect touch at the bottom! Love your flip flop card with the layered sand dunes, textured blue sky, and adorable banner!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh two awesome samples Sandee! I adore the blue and white anchor card! Love the use of the net bg and the die from Cathedral Window! So clever and pretty! Love the fun scene you created as well... love the pennants at the top and the fun sequins! Totally cute!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your cards are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you used that small anchor! It's such a nice touch!! The bits of sparkle remind me of the way the sand sparkles in the sun at the beach! The pennants are perfect for the flip flops too!!! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your use of the fishnet background on your card. Great cards, and the DT always does such dynamite work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome look with the vellum. Two super cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two totally different and gorgeous creations, Sandee! Love the soft look of your blue and white anchor card. The Fishing Net Background is the perfect back drop for the anchor! Love the pennants with the flip flops…gives your card a festive and fun look! Wonderful projects, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooo so gorgeous!!!!! I love both but especially the anchor!! I am loving that set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful creations, Sandee....I am totally in awe of the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really love the cool colors on your first card. So serene & peaceful. And that popped-up seagull is a neat touch! The colors and textures on your flip-flop card are wonderful. Also a great story about the sequins--how cool is that! Tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cards! I love the netting background on the first one! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of your creations are beautiful Sandee! I just love the fish net background and the blue and white combo of the first (such nautical colors). The second is so beautiful with the pennants and added sequins!! Beautiful summery cards my friend!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy smokes...two fabulous cards Sandee! Love the design of your first card...the fishnet background is AWESOME and your flip flop card is toooooo cool for words :) !!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both great but the blue and white is my favorite so clean and crisp

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing beauty here! From the soft blues on the first card to the beach scene you created... amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of your cards are so beautiful!! I really like that you didn't color the anchor image (encourages those of us who are still developing our coloring skills that we can still use this stamp in a beautiful way) and how you popped up the sea gull.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both cards are so pretty! Love the colors and details.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous. Love the fishnet background on the first and the banners on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cards.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love both of your cards. The fishing net gives the first card just the perfect finishing touch and I love the way you layered the sand on your second card with the fun flip flops. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creations.
    Lena
    xxx
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous, gorgeous! I too, love the netting plus the anchor on the first card and I love that torn paper is so great to use as sand! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sandee, what great samples! Fishnet BG...why didn't I think of that!! love the sequins too, just the right touch for a beach! fun flip flop card too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the net on the vellum to see the soft blues behind, your bird is cute popped up and like the anchor in the border :) fun beach scene, like the gems on the flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The net background and the simple little anchor hooked on the front piece are terrific touches on your first card. The banner with the tag end on the second made me think of the planes that fly banners behind them at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sandee - I love both of your creations!! The first has such an elegant feel in the monochromatic blues - the layered panels and vellum backdrop are so creative - and I love the added detailing with the sequins and bow. And your second card is sooo cool with the bright colors and textures. You always inspire me!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful cards! You provide such great inspiration, thanks for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your gorgeous beach scenes! That net background is so perfect to pair with these new sets!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sandee, sweet friend, both of your cards are absolutely amazing! I am totally in love with the soft and elegant anchor card and your flip flop card...so fun.... love it! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful cards Sandee! The fishing net background works wonderfully on your top card, reminds me of a shadow box!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails