Monday, October 13, 2014

Designers Blog Hop

Hi there!I am so excited to be included in the Designer Blog Hop!  Such an honor! 
The person that nominated me was Robin Clendenning. 


Many of you may know Robin as Stamperrobin on Splitcoaststampers.com.  She is an extremely talented card artist that I have long admired!  I absolutely love the way she uses bright beautiful colors as she is creating!  She is so very encouraging too.  We have been on the ODBD design team together for a while now so we have gotten to know each other that way and as Facebook friends! I hope one day to have the opportunity to meet her in person!  She lives in a small mountain town in central California, close to Yosemite National Park.  She and her husband love to hike, backpack, rock climb, snowboard and wakeboard. Thank you Robin for nominating me!

Here are just a couple of her beautiful cards:



See what I mean???  Gorgeous!  

One of the responsibilities of being a part of this Designer Blog Hop is to answer a few questions.


1) What am I working on right now?
     
     This blog post!  haha!  I have also been working on cards for Our Daily Bread Designs and for
     the Dirty Dozen.  I stay very busy!  Here is a card I just blogged and added to several 
     galleries this morning:

2) How does my work differ from others in my genre?

     My artwork is a conglomeration of ideas and techniques I have learned along the way.  So 
     really I don't think my work stands out from others.  Many, many talented people have
     influenced me over the years.   I love creating with lots of dies as in the sample above.  
     I love learning new techniques and I love coloring with my beloved copics!  I love
     shabby chic cards with lots of layers and distressing and sponging.  But I am learning to 
     embrace the CAS look.  Or rather the CAL (clean and layered) look!  I also love Mixed
     Media.




3) Why do I create what I do?
     I have always been crafty but never quite knew I had an 'artistic' side until I was introduced to 
     stamping and card making and yes, scrapbooking!  Card making especially is so therapeutic!  I 
     need to create cards as much as I need to breathe!  I can't explain it!



4) How does my creative process work?

     It is different almost every time.  Sometimes I am inspired by the colors in a sheet of designer 
     paper, especially when the image I am using needs to be colored.  Sometimes I am inspired
     by certain challenges that I participate in.  And sometimes, it just happens.  One thing I always do 
     when I create is get all my pieces together and prepared before actually gluing the pieces together.
     Just a habit I formed when I first began this creative journey after spending too much time 
     trying to fix things that went wrong or throwing the whole thing in the trash.  I still have to do
     that sometimes but not as much as in the beginning!

And now, 
I have the honor and distinct pleasure of sharing a very special person as my nominee for the Designer Blog Hop!  She is not only a very talented card maker, but she is a treasured friend!  She loves the Lord and encourages me so much!  She is my ODBD sister, Lori Ulrich!!!


Lori has been my sister 'breadstick'  for quite some time now!  She and I have shared countless chats that have been a blessing to me!  Lori is a wife, stepmother, and daughter.  And she loves her St Bernards!!!  Hence the name of her blog: 
Here are just two cards that Lori created where you can see how her faith shines through!



Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Be sure and visit Lori's blog on the  20th to see her nominee for the Designers Blog Hop!  Have a wonderful week!!




2 comments:

  1. I am so very honored dear friend! You always bring as smile to my heart! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gorgeous Sandee!!! I love the cards you show cased of yours...they are absolutely, outrageously, gorgeous!! Thanks you so much for the thank you too!! Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails