Saturday, January 15, 2011

Winging It!


Good morning!  Are you having a great day?  I hope so!  
I am sharing this card I made which works for several challenges.

and

I've used two new sets from Our Daily Bread designs.  The Faith set from the Full of Grace Collection, and another Faith set with the pretty butterfly branch!  I started by embossing a piece of Prima designer paper with a Cuttlebug Preserves folder and sponging it with Tim Holtz Antique Linen ink.  I matted this with Blushing Bride card stock and distressed the edges.  Then I cut a piece of vellum the same size as the designer paper square.  I stamped the butterfly branch and colored it with SU! inks using the alligator clip tool and tiny cotton balls.  I attached the vellum with brads and then add the seam binding before attaching to the Neenah Cream base.  I stamped the sentiment, cut it out using my Spellbinders Grand Calibur die cut machine with a Spellbinders Oval and layered it with a Spellbinders Scalloped Oval and attached this to the card with foam tape.  Finally I added the pearls, a Bow Easy bow and a pretty little flower!  

Thank you so much for stopping by!  Have a blessed day!

My Siggy

13 comments:

  1. Sandee, this is gorgeous! Love the way you used the beautiful stamp and your fabulous ribbon treatment! WOW! Have a beautiful weekend, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Sandee, girl, this is super gorgeous!!! Love those colors and your butterflies look amazing!! Thanks for playing along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge, we really appreciate your support!! Have a blessed weekend!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandee this is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super duper gorgeous. Love the sentiment and the card. That butterfly paper is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sandee this is so gorgeous! I love the vellum and the softness it creates and love the seam binding! Do you color your own? I'm looking for good ink colors to use to get deeper colors! Mine come out so washed out! This is luscious! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandee - what a gorgeous card! I love the seam binding and the gorgeous butterflies! The vellum is so soft and a great touch! Love it - thank you for playing along with us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I missed your last couple of days, beautiful cards and box and they are all just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Sandie!! I just love the seam binding and the background you created with the Faith set. The vellum adds such softness. Gorgeous my friend. Thanks for joining the Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge and ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week. Your support is greatly appreciated.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome technique and another stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply gorgeous Sandee! Love how you stamped this awesome butterfly image on the side! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty, love your bg dsp ,and your beautiful ribbon, and love the verse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Card is beautiful. i love the sentiment! Thank you so much for sharing!
    -Natalie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails