Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Vintage Tart Tin Pin Keep


Good morning!  This week at the Passionately Artistic Blog we are sharing inspiration for gift ideas!  Almost a year ago, I picked up the Jul/Aug/Sept issue of the Somerset Life magazine.  This magazine is always a beautiful way to spend an afternoon!  Anyway, there was this wonderful article by Becky Shander showing several of these little pin keeps.  I have been wanting to try one for myself and just now decided to try it!  My Mom found some of the little vintage tart tins for me.  They are oval in shape and just so cute!  


I painted the tin with white paint and when it dried I sponged and stippled distress ink on it.  I cut a piece of burlap and sort of winged it with the sewing and then stuffing it with quilt batting.  I sewed the button on with ribbon and tied it tightly on the underside.  Then I glued the whole thing down with Beacon 3-in-1 glue.  


Once it dried, I added the butterflies using straight pins and a tag with a small safety pin.  I aged the SU! seam binding with Suede Glimmer Mist and tied that to the safety pin too.  I used a stamp from the Our Daily Bread designs set called Mother's Day (using the masking technique) and then cut it out with a Spellbinders Label.  Well, for my first try at one of these little tins, I am pleased.  I learned some things along the way too!  And I think my Mom will like it, don't you?

My Siggy

2 comments:

  1. Sandee I LOVE your little tart!! The burlap creates the perfect texture and so fun. Im sure your mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tart pin is beautiful and I know your Mom will love it!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails