Friday, January 27, 2012

It Is Well With My Soul


Good morning!  Hope you all have had a wonderful week!

Got a little sneak peek of a new stamp coming out Feb 1st from Our Daily Bread designs!  
Sheet music to the beautiful old hymn, It Is Well With My Soul! 

I wanted to try the Belleek technique that I enjoyed so much earlier this week!  I inked up my Cuttlebug Textile Texture folder with pink ink and then sponged off a little of it to help make it more muted.  Once I ran it through my bug, it was still a little too pink.  So, I went about trying to tone down the piece by painting it with white acrylic paint using a very light touch.  Then I also painted it with Marshmallow Glimmer Mist.  And then I even sprayed it with Pearl Glimmer Mist!  I finally had the shade and look I was going for.  


So then I did the same applications to each die cut.  I've used the Cheery Lynn Designs Fanciful Flourish, Spellbinders Squares, Fleur de Lis Squares, Blossoms Tags and Accents and the angel wings are from an old Spellbinders ATC die set.  The heart is made of wood and is also painted.  I stamped the music on the back ground of the card, stamping if off first on scrap paper and then also did the same painting technique to this piece.  You should have seen my hands!  After it had all dried, I put everything together, and added the little silver bow and tiny pearls. 

Here is a little tip:  I got a little too much paint on the sentiment tag, which covered up the song title too much.  So I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp it again which helped a lot!  What a wonderful tool!!!


I am sharing this card in the following challenges:


Thank you so much for looking and I hope you have a beautiful weekend!


My Siggy

14 comments:

  1. Hi Sandee, this is stunning, it's so soft and feminine. I love everything about it. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at my Word Art Wednesday challenge.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so beautiful! I just love pink. Such a wonderful job, Mrs. Sandee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - this card is absolutely stunning! Thanks SO much for linking up with us at Word Art Wednesday, and have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Karen L - Social Media Coordinator
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Love everything you have going on it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Sandee! Love being a sistah with you! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow, wow, Love those soft gorgeous pinks!! Beautiful wings, layers, and bling!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful Sandee and I adore the colour scheme. Have a wonderful week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! So feminine and pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, this is stunning, love all the dies you used to create this. Thank you for sharing this with us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous, I love the Dies and the soft elegant colours - beautiful Sandee! Love it! Thank you for joining us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge , we love to see you and appreciate yourt support! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous. Thanks of joining us at Sentimental Sundays. Hope to see you back soon. Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandee,
    Your creation is gorgeous! I really love the way that you have used all the same color. Thanks for the info about inking up the cuttlebug die. I must try it.
    Blessings,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card. I love all the elements! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my word! This is JAW DropPING amazing, Sandee! Absolutely gorgeous details and design! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails