Monday, November 18, 2013

Just a Closer Walk with Thee

 
This is my Dad.  

Two years ago he was diagnosed with CMML, a rare form of leukemia. My brother donated bone marrow for a transplant.  Things were going pretty good.  However a few months ago, some bad cells returned.  His only option was more chemo.  Unfortunately, he was struck with a crazy infection in mid October and for the last month, he struggled and fought and tried so hard but my Daddy lost the battle last Tuesday on 11/12/13.  He was only 73 years old.  He was a gentle giant.  A quiet strong man who loved his family with all his heart.  Especially my Mom.  They have been married almost 54 years.  

Now we have to create a new normal.  Begin a new chapter.  The only way to get through this is to lean on God.  Our hearts are broken and hurting.  But I do believe in heaven and I know my Daddy is there.  We will all be together again someday.  In the meantime, the tears are flowing.  In the meantime, my Mom will have to celebrate their anniversary without him.  In the meantime, we have to have our first Thanksgiving without him.  In the meantime, we will cry on his birthday.  And in the meantime, we have to get through Christmas without him.  There are times I am not sure how we will make it!  

Forgive me for pouring out my heart today.  Tomorrow I plan to start back with my blog posts.  

Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.
I am weak, but Thou art strong,
Jesus, keep me from all wrong,
I’ll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.
Through this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.
When my feeble life is o’er,
Time for me will be no more,
Guide me gently, safely o’er
To Thy kingdom's shore, to Thy shore.


My Siggy

6 comments:

  1. my deepest heartfelt sympathy to you and your family....you will be in my prayers!

    hugs *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandee, I'm very sorry for your loss. My heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss, Sandee. I am praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandee, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. The 'firsts' after the loss of a loved one are the hardest. My prayers are with you, your Mom and family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious Sandee, may God give you all peace that only He can as you experience this deep loss. Know that you are dearly loved and that God is close to the brokenhearted. I'm praying for you and your family. Hugs and love, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandee, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. May God be with you and the family and give you comfort and peace. Sending hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails