Monday, November 20, 2017

Christmas Cardinals and a Christmas Chickadee


Hello there!  It's Thanksgiving week here in my neck of the woods!  Yay!

Today I am sharing three cards I have made recently, using the new Winter Cardinal and Winter Chickadee sets from Our Daily Bread Designs.  My friend's mother passed away recently.  Her family loves cardinals and even though this is a Christmas-y stamp, I think it works fine for a sympathy card at this time of year.  I colored the image with copics and used a Pierced Circle to cut it out.  The frame is made with Pierced Rectangles. The background is embossed with the Lattice Background.  The word 'with' and the word sympathy die are part of the stamp/die duo called With Sympathy.  I added the bow from the Ice Skate die die set to complete the card.

Here is my next card with the Winter Cardinal:


This card, has lots of layers, yet it is still somewhat clean and simple.  I colored the image with copics to match the paper from the Christmas Collection 2017 and then cut it out with a Pierced Circle.  I also used Pierced Squares and Pierced Rectangles.  I used a matching copic marker to dye the seam binding to match!

And here is my third card:


This card features the Winter Chickadee set.  Again, I colored with copics and used a Pierced Circle to cut it out.  A smaller Pierced Circle was used for the sentiment.  The papers are from the Christmas Collection 2017 and is cut out with a Pierced Rectangle.  Then I added a Bitty Border. This ribbon is dyed with a copic marker also.

And that's it!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
 photo SiggyPinkButterflies2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails