Saturday, June 27, 2009


I am up way too late! But I really was inspired by the inspiration challenge for today! The challenge today is the artwork by Sarah Collier. I chose this piece to use as my inspiration. I stamped the image onto vanilla cardstock. I masked off the circle and the left side to sponge Bashful Blue. While still masking, I sponged the right side with Barely Banana. Then I sponged the circle with Creamy Caramel. The sentiment from Our Daily Bread designs, Flourished Christian Symbols, is stamped with Memento Brown. I then covered the design with a piece of clear window sheet, attached at the top with brads. I tied a pretty piece of yellow ribbon to hold the bottom together and then attached the whole thing to a Bashful Blue base card. I have no idea who makes the bird image. I bought it at a rubber stamp show and it is unmounted rubber. Thanks again for stopping by! Sleep tight!

Stamps-Unknown unmounted rubber stamp and ODBD Flourished Christian Symbols
Paper- Bashful Blue, Vanilla
Ink-Memento Brown, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Creamy Caramel
Accessories-ribbon, brads,SU! scallop border punch, sponges, sticky notes
Technique-masking, sponging

4 comments:

  1. WOW Sandee!!! This looks incredible!!! You are truly the sponging queen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PHENOMENAL!!!! I've never seen anything like this Sandee!! What a piece of artwork this is!! Gorgeous doesn't even come close to this!! LOVE your technique!! WOW!! My jaw is still hanging open!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandee, this should be in a frame hanging on someone's wall~ absolutely gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible IC card! There were so many cool cards for this challenge, but this is one of my faves....I think it's awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails