Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Midnight Madness Man Card



Tomorrow is my husband's birthday! Happy Birthday, Honey! I made this to give to him using the Midnight Madness sketch today. I love this To the Nines designer paper for masculine cards! I pulled the colors from that to create this card. I inked up the embossing folder with Sahara Sand before embossing, such a cool outcome! Then, I stamped the images with versamark and heat embossed them with Tim Holtz' vintage embossing powder. Then rubbed it with my finger to help give it that vintage look. I then sponged with Close to Cocoa, Sage Shadow and Always Artichoke. Oh, and I used my distressing tool on the Sahara Sand layer too. Anyway, I thank you for coming by for a visit today! Off to do some errands now!

Stamps-SU! Wildfowl
Paper-Close to Cocoa, Sahara Sand, Sage Shadow, Vanilla, To the Nines dsp
Ink-Close to Cocoa, Sage Shadow, Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand
Accessories-cuttlebug and eb folder, brads, ribbon, Tim Holtz embossing powder, mat pack, sponges, foam tape, distressing tool, Spellbinders rectangle die

17 comments:

  1. Sandee, this is fabulous and so rich!!! I am sure you dh will love this for his bday!!! Wonderful colors and design!!! Blessings to you and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Colors are smashing and I am always attracted to stripes. Could that mean anything?? Thanks you so very much for playing in the MMSC10. We appreciate your support and look forward to many more of your wonderful cards in our weekly challenge.

    Phyllis - SparklePlenty1000 MMSCDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are barely making your hubby's birthday. LOL. Great colors and image - this is great and guy cards are harder aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great card for your husband's birthday. Lucky guy! I love the image and the dry embossing is wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us and for playing with us this week at the MMSC.

    Carolyn,MMDT member
    http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just stunning Sandee! What a perfect masculine card! Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sandee!! This is stunning!! Love the To the Nines Paper too!! Awesome job on the sketch too. What a magnificent manly card!! Love your geese and the dry embossing! Thanks for joining the MMDT this week. I always look forward to seeing your fab creations!!

    Missed you while I was away! You always make me smile!
    hugs and blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guy cards are always the tough ones for me. This is a great card for men. Love the colors and the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandee
    Great card; your hubby will love it! And as far as grandbabies go...I don't think it's a contest! LOL! Of course mine are the best!!!!
    Thank you for your kind comments on my card
    We'll have to keep checking on each other now that we have the "battle of the grandbabies"!
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandee and Happy Birthday to your hubby! (It's my oldest son's birthday today too!) I love your cards and love having you play along each week. Have a great day!
    ~Michelle MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandee another stunner. Fantastic masculine card! Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my Sandee! I'm sure your husband LOVED this! I love the muted tones, and fantastic image! Very handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sandee... this is just a fabulous guy card! LOVE the image and you did a great job with the sketch! LOVE the paper!!! Happy Birthday to your DH!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome card for your hubby!!! I bet he loves it!! Fantastic job of the sketch too Sandee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday, Sandee's hubby! Beautiful card as usual! Enjoy your day with hubby!

    Sue
    MMDT Member
    http://mcmahonfive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so awesome! Happy Belated B-day to your hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a powerful card...it just screams man card. I love how you did the bg embossing. Your hubby will love it :)
    Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.
    Priscilla
    MMDT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails