Sunday, October 11, 2009

Everyone Who Beholds

Hey everyone! Hope all of you are having a great weekend! I made this card for two challenges this week. The Ways to Use it Challenge and the Inspiration Challenge. For the WT, the challenge was to make a card using our world as the inspiration. One of my favorite places to be is in the North Georgia mountains with the beautiful trees and fresh air. This little scene reminds me of the little pond nestled in the mountain property that has been in our family for many, many years. My grandparents lived there in a wonderful little country home with a tin roof and huge front porch. I spent many happy summers there. Now, my parents live on this land and one day, we hope to live there too!! Can you just imagine the peace and quiet?! Anyway, back to the card! haha! I was also inspired by the beautiful greens of some of the jewelry from the inspiration challenge. I used two of the new October sets from Our Daily Bread designs, With Deepest Sympathy and Praying for You. I stamped the image and sentiment on white and sandwiched this piece between a layer of Always Artichoke and Mellow Moss. I cut frames from the moss layer with Spellbinders dies and ran this through my cuttlebug to emboss it before putting these three layers together. I outlined the image and sentiment areas with a copic marker #BG39. I added a nestie frame, cuttlebug corners and then I sprayed the whole thing with Glimmer Mist (Olive on the moss layer before attaching and then pearl over the whole thing including the stamped areas). I added teeny little pearls too to finish the card!

Thanks for looking! I appreciate your visits so much! Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I love this card Sandee!!
    The colors are so warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I could see that Glimmer Mist a mile away! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails