Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cardinal in a Globe

Good morning everyone!  Hope you are having a great Tuesday!  Today, I have my very first Flower Soft globe card to show you!  Kelley, owner of Our Daily Bread designs, offers these cool Flower Soft Globes in her store and they are so fun to work with!!!  I used one of this month's releases called Sing for Joy.  I have decided that this is my favorite of all the bird sets released!  This cardinal is so easy and fun to color!  The ODBd store sells the globes with a little chipboard guide for the cut out area, which makes it easy to figure out.  There are cards and envelopes available for purchase also.  I added a little frame around the globe and then lots and lots of Martha's little punched branches.  Polar White Flower Soft is on the inside of the globe and on the branches around the globe.  This is a much larger card than I usually make, it's about 5x7.  So, for the background, I embossed one end with the Cuttlebug Snow Dots folder and then turned it around, matched it as closely as I could and embossed the other end.  I do this a lot and it works really well with a  lot of the Cuttlebug folders. If you can't get it to match up, just hide the part that shows with
ribbon or a bow or something.  It's usually not very noticeable!  
Thanks for taking a minute to visit with me and I hope you have a fantastic day!
 
My Siggy

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely over the top gorgeous Sandee my friend!!!! This is so clever to use the globe sideways and the cardinal in the snow is stunning! You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails