Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Blue Roses and Birthday Blues

Hi everyone!  I've got two cards to share with you today!  
Both cards use the same simple layout and colors but both are very different.  
If you know anything about me, you know that I struggle with the clean and simple concept of card-making.  And so, I've been studying some of my fellow ODBD sisters and practicing!  
Although, as you see, I can't get rid of my layers!  


This first card is very feminine.  I colored the image from the new Mother's Day set called Mom
with copic markers and paired it with a scripture from the Love One Another set.  
I added teeny tiny white dots in the center of the large flower with a white gel pen.  
And then finished it with a pretty bow and a lovely cross charm.  

Here are the supplies I used for this card:

Neenah Cream and SU! Blue Bayou Cardstocks
Anna Griffin Designer Paper
Copic Markers G85, Bg93, BG72, BG75
SU! Vanilla Ribbon and Silver Cord
Cross charm
Spellbinders Square Nestabilities



And here is my clean and simple masculine card using the two new Father's Day stamp sets!  One of my favorite ways to stamp is to scribble some re-inker onto an acrylic block and dab it onto the stamp before stamping.  When you ink the stamp this way, it seems to really soak into the cardstock and you can feel the impression of the ink in the paper!  I'm not sure how to describe it!  
Just adding the brad that looks like a screw finishes this masculine card!  

Here are the supplies I used:

Neenah Cream Cardstock
SU! Blue Bayou Cardstock
Basic Gray Designer Paper
SU! Not Quite Navy re-inker
Spellbinders Square Nestabilities


Thank you so much for visiting with me today!  
Have a great Tuesday!



My Siggy

1 comment:

  1. Sandee I love how you used this same idea for both a Masculine and Feminine card!!! They're both fantastic!!!! I particularly love the Mother's Day one with the soft BG, beautiful flowers and yummy ribbon/charm!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails