Monday, July 4, 2011

Faux Silk Flag


Happy 4th of July!!!

I am enjoying the day off and I was able to play in the Try a New Technique Challenge today!  They are revisiting the faux silk technique which is something I've only done a few times.  And I love how it helped to make this beautiful Old Flag Background from Our Daily Bread designs even more vintage!  I stamped the flag onto tissue paper, wadded it up and after carefully smoothing it back out, I glued it to a piece of vanilla card stock using Mod Podge.  I had to speed up the drying with my heat tool.  Then I rubbed Tim Holtz's Antique Linen ink over it and sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink.  Next, I sprayed it with Suede Glimmer Mist!  I also sponged and sprayed the Spellbinders Circle behind the sentiment.  This sentiment is from another ODBD set called Not Forgotten.  The base card and the circle behind the sentiment are Core'dinations card stock.  I added lace, vintage ric-rac, and then a Bow Easy bow made with SU! Kraft seam binding that is sprayed with the Suede Glimmer Mist too!  

Thanks for taking a minute to visit during your holiday!  Enjoy your day!
My Siggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails