Saturday, July 9, 2011

God Bless Our Soldiers!


Hi there!  I hope y'all are having a great Saturday!  

My card today features two of the newest ODBD sets called Not Forgotten and Old Flag Background!  
I love these sets and they go together so beautifully!  I stamped each image and colored them with SU! inks, Not Quite Navy and Ruby Red and Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink,  using tiny cotton balls and one of those tools look like a pencil with an alligator clip on each end.  I am so sorry but I can never remember what those things are called!   I stamped the sentiment and cut it out with a Spellbinders Oval.  Then I layered each piece with SU! Soft Suede card stock.  You can see how the soldier image lines up with the flag background!   I added a strip along the left that is embossed with a row of stars.  I used one of the borders in a Cuttlebug Border set called Measure for Measure.  Then I added the brads and the ribbon.  The largest square layer is distressed with a distressing tool.  After attaching this to the card base, I sprayed the card with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist.  I used a couple of challenges for this card:

and

Thanks for visiting! Remember to keep our soldiers in your hearts and prayers!


My Siggy

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautifully created Sandee. Wonderful tribute to our soldiers. My hubby spent 28 years on active duty with the Army and we definately appreciate the acknowledgment. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card!! It belongs in a frame! Awesome work! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning tribute to the troops!! I just love your colors and your design!!Great job on the challenge!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails