Sunday, February 12, 2012

Burlap Love


Hi there!  Hope you have had a blessed weekend!  
It's been really cold here in my neck of the woods!  Brrr!!!

I have a quick Valentine to share with you!  Our Daily Bread designs stamps are so versatile!  I used a sentiment from one of the newest sets called The Mighty Sea.  I masked off all but the single word 'love' for my little tag!  How fun! I cut a piece of burlap into a heart shape and then used paint to make it pink!  I pulled a couple of threads out just for a little interest.  I attached it to some Kraft paper that has an embossed border done with a StampinUp! folder.  The button is made of wood and I threaded hemp twine to make the bow!  CAS!!!  



The Shining the Light challenge at ODBD this week is to use the letters in the word HEART
to create a card.  So here is the run down:

H-Hemp Twine
E-Embossing
A-Acrylic Paint
 R-Rough Burlap 
(This might be stretching a bit!  LOL)
T-Tag

The CAS challenge on SCS is hearts too!  

Thank you for stopping by!  Enjoy your week and we will see you again soon!

My Siggy

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cas card! Love the embossing and love that heart.
    Thank you so much for stopping by for the WAW and SSIC Blog hop.
    Hugs & Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandee,

    Wow, I've never seen the use of burlap on a card, how original. It really "works" and I know your card will be a treasure and conversation piece to the lucky recipient!

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sandee, I just love the simple elegance of this card!! Your colors, the textures including the burlap and embossing, and your layout are gorgeous!!! You are such an inspiration. Thanks so much for supporting the Shining the Light challenge!! It means a lot!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!

    Beautiful card - so pretty in its detail! Wishing you a happy day!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails