Thursday, August 6, 2009

I Am With You Always

Here is another card using the new set from Our Daily Bread designs called Jesus. I wanted to make a clean and simple card this time. I really struggle with this type of card. But I have been inspired by so many cards I have seen lately. For this one I used Fabriano watercolor paper. I stamped the sentiment first lining it up with my Stamp-a-ma-jig, then I stamped Jesus' image. I cut the border with Spellbinders Grand Lace border, I added BasicGrey jewels and then ribbon to finish the card. Oh, and I distressed the edges too! That's about as clean and simple as I can get! By the way, I had to hide something here. The first time I stamped, I didn't like the placement so I turned it over. Well, I had the whole card put together when I realized you can see right through this paper! It's so thick I was surprised! So, what I did to hide this, was to add Close to Cocoa layered with more watercolor paper on the inside of the card, under the image and on the side where you would would write a message! I tell you this is one thick card! Oh well, live and learn, right?

Thanks for stopping by, and come again soon!

10 comments:

  1. Sandee, I`m so glad I found your blog! Your cards are simply stunning!!
    -Yvonne-

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so beautiful, Sandee! Love the simplicity with the bit of distressing...just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandee, oh my goodness, this is just amazing!!!! A piece of ART ready to be framed!!
    Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Sandee! I think this image is best just lined and uncolored.... personally I love the look! LOVE that border die... why didn't I get that???? Back to the store for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Sandee!!!! Love this layout and design!!! Gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful card... I love that border!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Sandee! Such simple elegance. Love the border, clean white, and distressing! You are rockin' these sets!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandee, a new look for you! Wonderful! I like this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the simple elegance of this card! The SB border is a wonderful detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEAUTIFUL! Oh, I'm sooo getting this set! LOL - Lovely job with the border punches too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails