Tuesday, August 4, 2009

This is the Day that the Lord has Made!

I have to say I would never have thought to combine these colors had it not been for the color challenge today! It's a fun, retro color combination, I think! I used this week's Midnight Madness sketch, changing it up a bit. This beautiful image and scripture is from Our Daily Bread designs new set called Happy Birthday! Such a fun image to color!! I don't know if you can tell but I used my scor-pal between each scalloped square. I colored the image with copics (C1,E00,E37,E43,E74, G21,R22) to match the SU! colors. I also colored the Hero Arts flowers with the copic R22. I stamped just a partial scripture sentiment, die cut it with the Spellbinders label, and sponged while it was still inside the die. I added pretty Martha Stewart butterflies and silver pearls and a silver brad to complete the card! I'm glad you stopped by! Come back again soon!

Stamps-ODBD Happy Birthday
Paper-Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa, Cameo Coral, White, Certainly Celery designer paper
Ink-Memento brown, Cameo Coral
Accessories-copics, Spellbinders dies, MS punch, flowers, circle punch, foam tape, glue dots, silver pearls

15 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card from you Sandee. You sure are spoiling us here at Midnight Madness! I love those scalloped squares, the new ODBD stamps and yes, those colors do work. I can see the Scor-pal used in between the squares, another detail that adds to the card. You keep those cards coming, we love to see yours each week, Blessings.

    Jane, MMDT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo pretty, Sandee! Love the colors and the scalloped background squares. The sentiment tag is beautiful too. Thanks so much for playing with us at the MMSC. Hope to see you again next week!!

    Carolyn, MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOO Sandeeee

    Another beautiful card!!

    Blessings Marijke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thia ia such a beautiful card! Love those colors together and your coloring is wonderful, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful all around! Love the scalloped squares... will have to try to do smething similar soon!Love all your work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS card! Wow!! Love it! Great take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing along!!

    Hugs,
    Melissa

    MMSC DT August Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Sandee!!! Love the colors and the coloring!!! Great layout and design, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandee, beautiful job again this week, Love the scallop squares and how you laid it out! Thanks for sharing your talent, Miss :) xox ~Jeni & MMSDT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandee... I saw this yesterday and just loved it then... now on your blog I love it even more! I love how you scored the base... I'd be scared to death my measurements would be off! Your color scheme works perfectly! I love how you changed up the sketch too... pretty location of the sentiment! I miss you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, I just ordered that stamp set, very pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore all of your silver accents on this card. Fun use of you scallop punch as well. Wonderful take on the midnight madness sketch challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely stunning Sandee!!! I love your coloring!! The silver accents and layout is gorgeous!! I missed visiting your blog while I was away.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandee :) Your work is always so exceptional..I have a hard time complimenting you, because I never know where to start...so many wonderful things to say about your work. I will just say WOW for now :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. Be sure to check out the “Mid Week Midnight Madness Tutorials” coming soon .
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  14. FANTASTIC coloring...WOW!! You rocked that ODBD Happy Birthday set!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails