Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Until the End of Time


Today, I want to show you a little gift set I made using the new Our Daily Bread designs set called Jesus. I have to say that ever since I became a Christian, this is one verse, in particular, that has always given me such comfort. No matter what, God is with me always, until the very end of time! WOW!!! That is amazing! Okay, back to the gift set! For the card, I used last week's SCS sketch which was inspired by our very own Silke! And I also used five of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges! I used Holly's color challenge of More Mustard, Real Red, and Bashful Blue. I made my own designer paper for Betty's challenge by stamping the Amazing Grace Hymn (music challenge) and the Grow in Grace dogwood flowers. I sponged the three ink colors randomly over the images. Then for Deborah's texture challenge, I sprayed this with Glimmer Mist! Instant designer paper! I added two Spellbinders die cuts (Becca's challenge), threaded with ribbon, to fit with the sketch. I stamped the Jesus image once on scratch paper before stamping onto a piece of Whisper White. Then I stamped the verse over Jesus' image in red. I colored the Hero Arts flowers with copic markers to match and sprayed the red flower with more Glimmer Mist. I added pretty red rhinestones here and there to complete the card!




Now for the candle! This technique is so fun and easy!!! I cut a piece of white tissue paper to fit the size of the candle. You want to cut it to go all the way around. Then you stamp the images onto the tissue paper. Using a piece of wax paper to hold the tissue paper down around the candle, carefully use your heat gun to heat the wax paper until you see that it is getting glossy. Carefully do this all the way around until you get the whole thing melted into the candle. Then just embellish as desired! I used red organdy ribbon, red rhinestones, and a piece along the bottom punched with the Martha Stewart Lattice border punch. Here is a link to a tutorial at SCS showing you better how to do the candles! And here are pictures of the other sides of my candle.


I hope you have enjoyed your visit today and thanks for stopping by!


Stamps-Jesus, Grow in Grace, Amazing Grace Hymn, The Cross of Christ
Paper-Bashful Blue, Real Red, White
Ink-Bashful Blue, Real Red, More Mustard, Memento Brown
Accessories-ribbon, rhinestones, spellbinders, cuttlebug, hero arts flowers, glimmer mist, distressing tool, tissue paper, wax paper, heat gun, sponges

9 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful Sandee! What a striking Jesus stamp that is! And your card is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - WOW - WOW - Sandee!!! Your card and candle are G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!! I love how you designed it - perfect take on the Sketch!!!

    I do love this Jesus Set as well - it really speaks to me :)!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandee
    Your card is very beautifull en I really see Gods Glory in it!!
    And the candles are also very cute!!
    Hugs Marijke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sandee!! This is just so wonderful...LOVE those candles...I need to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is pretty cool! Do you put the shiney side of the wax paper over the tissue paper and heat or vise-versa?
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sylvia! I couldn't find how to respond to your question other than this so hopefully you will check back! To answer your question, I don't think it really matters which side you use. I've never paid attention to which side and it's always worked out fine for me! Let me know when you try this. You will be so amazed at how easy it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sandee this is a gorgeous set! I love this idea... so the wax paper just stays on the candle holding the tissue in place? I'm on my way to see the tutorial! With my luck I'd set the tissue on fire! LOL! Great project Sandee! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandee, I just wanted to say how much I love this set! You did a fantastic job with these images. I have been seeing ODBD images on other sites and love them. The ODBD DT is such an inspiration. What a wonderful way to let your light shine. May you be blessed greatly.
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandee, this is a truly beautiful set you have created! Jesus is, after all, the light of the world! How perfect this idea is!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails