Thursday, August 20, 2009

Warm and Fuzzy Birthday Blessings

Hey everybody! I just finished this card for this week's color challenge, today's Ways to Use It challenge and one of this week's Mojo Monday sketches! This image is from one of this month's Our Daily Bread designs releases called Happy Birthday and it is so fun to color with copics! Such a versatile set! It's actually a watering can but I masked off the handle and spout so it would look more like a planter. I stamped the image twice so that I could cut out some of the flowers and paper tole them. I added Ivory Flower Soft for the WT to use something fuzzy on our project. The copics I used are C1,BG18,E00,E31,E33,E43,E51,E74,G21,G99. The image is layered with Taken with Teal and Vanilla and popped up over layers of Teal, Close to Cocoa, Close to Cocoa dsp, and Vanilla. The bottom cocoa strip is edged with an EK Success punch. The lacy border is cut with the Spellbinders Grand Classic Lace Border die. I sponged cocoa ink onto it before removing it from the die. I added some pretty lace sent to me by my friend Angel (Thanks Angel!) and some Martha Stewart butterflies and Hero Arts pearls. Also did some sponging here and there.

Stamps-ODBD Happy Birthday
Paper-Close to Cocoa, Taken with Teal, Vanilla, Close to Cocoa designer paper
Ink-Memento Brown, Close to Cocoa
Accessories-Spellbinder, Cuttlebug and embossing folder, EK Success punch, Martha Stewart punch, corner rounder, copics, Flower Soft, pearls, lace, sponge


Thanks for looking and hope you have a great night!

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Sandee!!! I love the flowersoft and the colors!! The lace is so elegant!! Gorgeous creation my dear!! Love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning and such a gorgeous colour combo!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandee!! This is stunning! Love the pop of teal, and the way you created the pot instead of the watering can! Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooo Sandee!

    How beautiful is this card!

    And the colors are so bright!!

    (I hope i use the right words....hihihi))
    Hugs, Marijke

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are soooo talented Sandee! I love what you did with this set!!! I never would have thought that far out of the box and I love it!!! Awesome layout and colors!!! Love it, just like I love EVERYTHING you make!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't you the clever girl!!!! LOVE the whole can!! You rocked this one! GORGEOUS card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, this is so stunning!!
    You really made the image come alive!
    Gorgeous colors, I love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails