Sunday, August 16, 2009

Eat Dessert First!

Hi ya'll! Today is the first Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge! Every first, third and fifth Sunday they will post a scripture and a challenge related to that scripture. This first week's scripture is from the book of John.

Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." John 6:35 (NIV)

Therefore, the challenge was to make a card with a food theme. I have come to realize now, that I own very few food themed stamps! I did find this Fluffles stamp though! It's very cute! I'm more of a bread and potatoes girl but dessert's good too! Yesterday, I received my SU! order of in-color stuff. This card features, Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede and Soft Suede designer paper. I used in-color markers to colors the image; Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Dusty Durango, Rich Razzleberry and is outlined with Going Gray. On the designer paper, I used my Scor-Pal to score a nice pattern and added some rhinestone flowers where some of the flowers are in the design. I used the Bermuda Bay marker to go over some of the random dots too! The cake has a 'frosting' from a White Gel Pen and the balloon has Glossy Accents for that fun balloon shine!

Thanks ladies for coming up with this! I think this is going to be a fun, inspiring time each week!

Thanks for visiting and come again soon!

17 comments:

  1. Hi Sandee!! Awwww...this is so ADORABLE! Cute image, and I love your DP and score lines! Cute li'l gems too!

    THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting our new challenge blinky to help spread the word! I hope you will continue to visit and play in the challenges. You're so talented! Many Blessings!
    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! This is completely adorable! I love all of the elements of this card! We are so thrilled to have you joining our challenge! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!!! I'm all for that. Beautiful card, thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandee, wat a fun card!!!! This challenge sounds interesting :D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahahaha...I like this card!!

    Very funny Sandee...and gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! I really like the score lines in the DP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, Sandee! And I love the quote and the scoring and the tiny flowers....Everything is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sandee - this is priceless!!!! I have always loved this Fluffles stamp!!!! Such a great card!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So perfect! I love the score lines and all the pretty flowers...great image and coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally cute card - Sandee!!! I got sidetracked there for a minute to check out the new challenge site - LOL!!! Your rocked the challenge - GF!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree-- dessert first!

    So adorable Sandee...love the Spellbinders here-- they really make your cute image POP!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sandee this is sooo cute! I have this image and love it! I love all your new goodies! I still have to order my SU! In colors... I'm loving most of them! Great job on this... now I need to go make mine! I'm having a busy week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Sandee!!! I love the colors and layout!!! So Fun!!! What a great card for the SSC challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandee, this is such a cute card, with the most exquisite details! I love the Nestie matting, and I LOVE the scored background. This card is YUMMY!

    Thanks so much for playing in our first challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now how cute is that! Love the background with the embossing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails