Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I'm a Little Behind...


Sorry to have been absent for so long.  
My sweet sweet Grandmother passed away this last Friday on her 92nd birthday.  She was a beautiful person inside and out.  She loved the Lord, her family, babies and flowers.  She had the most amazing green thumb!  No, I didn't inherit that gene.  I think this photo is the last one I have with her.  She was already not feeling very well but she was still able to flash that sweet smile for the camera!  I will miss her terribly.

So I am trying to jump right back in the game today with a few cards I made several weeks ago.


All three cards are made with the new ODBD Lilacs set.


I colored the image in various shades of copic marker and cut out the image with a Spellbinders Oval.  I used a black marker to get the tiny border around the oval.  I framed it with the Spellbinders ODBD Custom Elegant Oval Die.  The black background is embossed with a cuttlebug folder and I added tiny pearls.  Then I added the lace bow and tiny Spellbinders tag to the Lilac image.  I sprayed the card with Glimmer Mist to complete the card. 


For this one I colored the lilacs in vintage shades of brown copics.  I used the out of the box technique when I cut the image out with the Spellbinders Oval.  Romantic Rectangles make a beautifully shaped card base.  I added lace and pearls to complete this card.


And another vintage card!  I used vintage shades of lavender and blue and brown copics on the image and cut it out with the Spellbinders ODDB Custom Elegant Ovals Die.  I framed it with the Spellbinders Fleur de Lis die cut.  I dyed the seam binding with Glimmer Mist and wadded it up and let it dry to have the wrinkled look.  I made the bow with Becca's Peg Bow Maker.  I topped it off with a pretty button and crochet thread. 


Ok well, that is all for today!  I hope you all have a blessed day and I will see you again soon!


6 comments:

  1. with my deepest sympathy Sandee, may Gods peace surround you..you will see her again and then it will be forever!

    Romans 8:28 {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandee, I love this picture you posted. You are so lucky to have had your Grandma for such a long time. She will be missed by so many! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear of your loss Sandie, she sounds like a beautiful person and you do look like her:) I love your collection of cards today. Sending you some hugs
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear of the loss of your grandmother. This is such a nice photo.
    Love your beautiful cards.
    God Bless.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry to hear of the lost lost of your grandmother.
    Wow, yours faces are the same. So beautiful to see.You look very of your grandmother. Is this correct Englisch?....
    I am come from Holland. Your cards are very beautiful.
    God Bless
    elvira

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandee, I was blessed to see this terrific picture of you and your grandmother. There is nothing that blesses a life the same way a precious, Godly Grandma can! I miss mine so much. She was 90, when she went home to be with Jesus,seven years ago. Oh, I still miss her. Love and comfort be yours as you head into these next months.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails