Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bleached Saffron Tree

Hello!!! Well, this one was fun because I tried something I've only tried one other time and was unsuccessful. I stamped with bleach! I stamped the Stamp Camp tree with bleach and then stamped one of the SU! Itty Bitty Background stamps with more bleach. I stamped the tree again with Basic Gray ink and then I sponged all around with vanilla and Basic Gray. After that, I sprayed Pearl Glimmer Mist. When it was dry I stamped a little bit more with the background stamp using the gray ink. The color challenge this week was to use the color after stamping with bleach as your second color. The tree is somewhere between vanilla and saffron so I went with So Saffron! The BasicGrey designer paper in the background was a perfect match, I sponged the edges too! The ribbon and hardware is all SU!. I used a Martha border punch at the bottom. For my layout, I used this week's Midnight Madness sketch. If you haven't checked out Midnight Madness, what are you waiting for! I love these sketches every Tuesday!

Stamps-Stamp Camp Tree, and SU! IBB
Paper-Basic Gray, So Saffron, Basic Grey dp
Ink-Basic Gray, Vanilla
Accessories-bleach, ribbon, HPH, MS punch, silver pearls, Glimmer Mist, foam tape


Thanks so much for visiting my blog!
Please come back again soon! Have a wonderful Friday!

9 comments:

  1. Hey Sandee...love the bleaching action..looks great. It is so fun to try new things huh? Your corner accents are so perfect for this image and layout huh? It all came together as normal pefectly :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenges
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sandee I love the effect this bleach technique has. I have never tried it, but you just convinced me that I need to try this. Love thos colors together. Thank you for the inspiration! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous use of this sketch and the color challenge too, Sandee!! What a great job you did!! I wasn't able to do this challenge yet but you have inspired me!! You rock girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool technique! I will have to try that sometime. Very pretty colors and papers for this too. Thank you so much for playing with us at the MMSC this week. We love having you and hope that you will join us in the fun again next week.

    Carolyn, MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandee! Another fantastic card from you! You never stop amazing me! Thank you for joining us again this week!

    Not sure if you knew or not but if you post my store logo on your blog you get extra freebies if your name is drawn this week! Good Luck! Thank you for joining us this week! See you next week!

    Sue
    MMDT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandee
    What a very beautiful card!!
    Amazing!
    Marijke

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just sooo very pretty, Sandee! I used a very similar color combo for my ODBD card i am posting tomorrow...love the purple and the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sandee this came out great!!! You know... I have never done the bleach thing yet! I love it with these bare branches and the snowy effect of the itty bitty bgs! So clever you are gf! Your sketch is great and that yummy ribbon... oh I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is stunning! What an awesome technique! Fantastic work!! Thanks for playing along with us!

    Hugs,
    Melissa

    MM DT August Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails