Tuesday, April 3, 2012

With Sympathy


Hello everyone!  During the ODBD April Release Day Blog Hop a few days ago, I was inspired by a couple of fellow bread sticks to do a shaped card!  I have done these in the past but not too many.  I tend to stay in my little comfort zone of nice square cards!  LOL!!!  I am gonna try to do more of these because I really do enjoy making them!  Anyway,  I cut out the base card with the Spellbinders Labels 25, and cut out another label from white card stock and one from the Prima Designer Paper.  Before gluing all the pieces together I inked up the edges of the designer paper with distress ink.  I stamped the sentiment on a smaller label.  This sentiment is from a new ODBD set called Paw Prints.  This set was created to compliment the Pet Sympathy sets however this particular sentiment could also be used for people.  Always good to have sympathy cards ready, so you don't have to make one or more during such an emotional time.  The ribbon and bow I added is actually from some packaging!  Knew I would use it one day!!!  I added some little white buttons, pearls and snips of Cheery Lynn Designs leaves.  I also sprayed the card with Glimmer Mist to give it a nice sheen!  

I am linking this up with Word Art Wednesday!  Love their challenges!  

Thanks for visiting with me today!!!

My Siggy

2 comments:

  1. Very nice card! love the Spellbinder. How big is it? Did you have to make the envelope? I'm running out of options for envelopes. Total look is very elegant. Thanks for playing with us @ Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandee, this is truly lovely! The gold tone and white make it a comforting card that the recipient will love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails